Sunday 21 October 2007

ukra_news

Heeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooo % )))))
Hello people:) I’m very glad to hear from all of you and want to tell you about Ukrainian news. This Saturday we had an annual volunteers’ meeting organized by my sendorg “Alternative-V”. It was a surprise cause usually we have it later, somewhere at the mid-november – beginning of December (it’s supposed to be dedicated to the 5th of December, international volunteers’ day), but whatever, it was a nice surprise:))) I’ve met a lot of people I met before in during some meetings and seminars, I met some people who appeared to be from Uni, and, of cause, some ex-EVS, bty the way – specially for Lena =) – greetings for you from Lesha (for the others – a guy who went EVS to GB, when Lena and me went to Estonia), he’s ok, not so much Britain-home-seek anymore;), he passed an English test at British Council and plans to seek for the opportunities to make his PhD in England. And also – we would like to know how it is going for you now in Estonia, so Lee – it was a good idea to make Lena post on the blog:)
It was cool to get some info from Alice=)) and Alice I can agree with you completely about the cliché and stuff, I had something like that while explaining to my friends and relatives about my experience (when you tell about French people they think exactly about something general like cuisine or culture but after you lived and contacted with people for a year almost it cant be so general for you, each has for something special), so I’m for evs culture=))
And – Christian was it you (the post before Alice)? But are you going to study more? I thought you finished with that, but that’s interesting anyway. What are you going to study?
About our EVS volunteers – there are three of them as I wrote already and they all are nice, Kristina from Freiburg, Axel – might be interesting for Barbara – from Muntzer and Maija from somewhere in Finland :) They are all satisfied and happy for so far (although in the orphanage where Axel works nobody speaks English;)) and I hope it will be like this till the end of their EVS (they all are here for a year).
About Shengen thing - : ( ……. I mean I’m happy for Lena but it seems so unfair that Estonia is joining Shengen zone now, only some month after I finished my EVS. And also – I’d like to go to Portugal too, but I’m not sure I manage (I know it seems a bit early to say smth like this, but for the moment the situation is kind of unfixed – I don’t have a job and feel that it’s not fair to ask my parents for money; on the other hand I really like my studies and don’t want to give up them or to put them somewhere on the third place (for the moment the variants of job I’ve regarded require quite a lot of time and it’s mostly technical helping stuff which is not very interesting though well-paid). But I’ll work on it and I’ll manage ;) (believe)
And – congratulations AEGEE-Patra president=))

2 comments:

edokoita said...

Hello Lesya (I guess:) Alice hasnt posted here yet, we hope she will after Christian is back:)Thats why we should sign our posts:):):) Happy that you re fine!!!

Miss Lee said...

Lesya, I thought you were working... not studying... what are you studying, anyway?
I am sure that till September you will find a way to pay for the visa and the trip to Portugal... and we cann all help you... we pay the beer!!
**