Friday 19 October 2007

one more weekend

Tere party people:

I am writting here just to give you some news about our life in Tallinn. I already have my ticket to go back home, and I am quite happy with it! I start to be a bit homesick! I need to hug my friends and family, eat my food, make jokes in portuguese!
But, Life here is great, despite of the could weather!!! Me and Lena are back to the cooking team! yesterday was potato pancake evening... Next week will be gallete party... nham nham!! I will make pressure on Lena to write here. And Chri, I hope you do the same with the french people (except Aude!!)! Me and Gigi are counting on you (Chri) to make Kêlig and Alice write here! It starts to be a small lack of love and consideration to don't write just a line...

the first weekend of November there will be a small EVS weekend in Tartu. But without Emrah and German to plann eveything I think it will be a total flop! And I am serious... Only a few people in Latvia and Lithuania know about the event, and the weather is not the best to hitch-hike! I think we will rent a car to go there, cause the buss tickets are more expensive a bit... (almost 300 EEK Tallinn-Tartu-Tallinn!!). It seems that the party will be just one night, and I am not sure about accomodation place... I will give you more details (and pictures) later!

Yesterday evening was a very important day for Europe, I guess. Let's see if for better, or worse... I wrote a news about the new Treaty of Lisbon that you can see here: http://www.siin.ee/bestdesign/?keel=eng&mid=1&include=news_viewer&nid=1433
I propose a toast to our european citizenship!
Another good news is that by the end of the year Estonian (land) boarders will fall!! And in March the airports will be open as well. This means that Estonia (and the 10 new member states) will join the Schengen Area and that Lena will be able to come to our meeting in Portugal 2008!!!!! (for more information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement)

So, Autum is almost over... 6º today and they say it might snow this weekend... But I don't believe them! I will enjoy the weekend, anyway. I just hope is not as hard as the last one (Friday and Saturday we went out of Levist after 6'am...). Ah!! Also last weekend we went to Saaremaa, me, Thomas and our guests. It was really nice and beautifull, but the most windy day in Estonia, ever!!! I thought we were going to die or fly!! lol it was nice, nut we should have gone during the summer time... stupid turists!
enjoy your weekend, wherever you are!!!!

2 comments:

Inspector Serôdio, José Serôdio said...

Long live the Treaty of Lisbon
(at least a few months... please?...)

edokoita said...

I just checked on wikipedia about this treaty of Lisbon. It seems to me that they tried to make less "constitutional" the whole agreement having the impression that if it doesnt have "strong" words like "constitution" it would easier to put it in power. We ll see, the problems are the same as when the European Constitution was rejected in refferenda and the suggested solutions are more or less the same aswell. I just hope this time they will think of a refferendum in my country.