Wednesday 22 August 2007

The latest from Tallinn

Tere party people:

yesterday, after 4 days with no internet connection, when I read this blog I was SO happy!! I'm really proud of almost all of us! It is a pleasure to read gigant posts or small notes and comments! Even those who answered Gg's e mail not via blog (like Mr Kê) promissed to write here... so let's go!
I wanted to share with you that this weekend was a very special one, in Tallinn. We met the 3 new volunteers that came for Kê's project. So, to welcome them I made cake au jambon, fromage et aux olives, and we gathered in my flat. I was so happy to have the flat full again... cause Sete had 3 friends here and Katha brought the girls from the workcamp.

Amèlie, Jonathan and Simon were there as well and we had a lot of fun!


So, from the 3 girls in Asunduse Kindergarten, this is Dorota, from Poland. She is the one that will be in Kêlig's group, working with Kay. She is 23, was Erasmus in Sweden, is very smart and pragmatic, has a nice sense os humor and looks like a girl full of power! She will stay for 6 months.

This is Natia, 24, from Georgia. More quiet and shy, she is very keen in body contact, I mean, as a southern person! She has this amaizing smile that is is very keen on showing. Easy going and funny, Natia can also be a bit lazy... and she like shooping!
From Katriin, 26, Berlin, I have no picture as good as these ones. But she is nice and sometimes seems like Laura II... Vegetarian, alergic to some stuff (like pure milk, but she can drink it wth chocoolate or coffe...) and always ready to make nice jokes about food! She likes DnB and makes a lot of stange questions! I guess we will get a long, quite good.
So on Saturday we went to von Krahl to some very stange party but we had fun... we went to Angel (me Katha and Simon) and ended up in Levist... it was a very long night!
Of course on Sunday I did not move till 6 o'clock, when I went to meet Maris (who is back after one month travelling) and Thomas. And we decided to go to the Zoo on the next day... As it was the second independence day the entrance was for free... so me, Thom, the new 3 gils, Maris and a friend went with tones of other people to the zoo. we even made a pic nic there! It was very nice! When we got back to town we tried this new eating place calle "EAT" (www.eat.ee). the Pelmenids they have are good, but of course not as good as Lena's... but the best thing is that they have beer for 25 EEK... So, I guess we just found a new place to hang out =)

So, these are the latest news... see you soon

4 comments:

subcomandante christian said...

l left almost 4 months ago and reading your post lee l felt soem sensation: positive and negative, happy and sad. see your flat almost full of volunteers who l don t know unluckly, new volunteers who will substite us in or project....l don t know for the other but for me It s really strange...thank s lee to have written on blog that because, although I m a bit jealous, l really would like know new volunteers for many reasons (why di tehy choose estonia, why this project...stupid question, but in the answer lt s possible to see ourself maybe because estonia is not england and spain)...and l really want to know who will be so luvky to live in lasnamae and to work in my stakanovist project!!!!
good luck to new volunteers

edokoita said...

It is weird to see people that are coming to Estonia to live our lives. This phrase doesnt have a negative meaning, I really want a new person to have the time I had there. I hope they will get along together, have the fun we had, travel, expand the wall in l auberge, drink, have pasta when come back in the morning... And when its time for them to go back, I wish they also have a blog where they will keep sending their news and talk and care about each other. I understand why Christian would like to ask these questions to new people, but for me would be more important to know how they feel these first days there, first parties, first days at their projects, staff like that. So, people that are still in Estonia, make them meet us here, in our blog:)

Miss Lee said...

ok guys, stop it!! you sound like two crying babies!! No one is going to live your lives, and no one is going to replacce you in our hearts!! no one will have the same experiences, the same time. what we had and still have it is unique, no comparable to anything!!
I will transmit your questions to the new volunteers, ask them to post their answers here. and maybe they want to post something else!
I want to believe that WE were just the beginners of a beautifull love story. and that the next volunteers will be as friends as we are!

subcomandante christian said...

mmmhh It s not a sentimentalistic.....find the word.

lt s just strange see the places full of other volunteers....and l don t know...good luck to them.

DON T DESTROY THE WALL IN LASNAMAE, I could came and build a wall in the ass of the people who break it.