Monday 13 August 2007

Back in Germany.....

Tere tere!

You told me to write in this blog so here I am! I would hae posted something sooner, but in Poland there isn't wifi eerywhere and in the hotel it was broken. I didn't arrive home before this morning so now is the time....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALICE!!! A little bit late I know...sorry. I hope you had a nice birthday!

DAY 1

Right now I am sitting in the train station of Warszawa Zdochnia and I am waiting for ages for my train. Of course I missed the one which left shortly after I arrived here (maybe the luggage was a little bit too much to carry after all). I think my train is at 12:50 (I arrive here shortly after 9), but I have no idea and I don’t really know when I’ll ever arrive in Wroclaw. I really hope I will still manage today. But hey…I’m always open for surprises.

By the way…yes I did have to pay extra for my luggage, when we changed the bus in Riga. Aaaaahh…what a mess that was. But luckily there was a Polish guy who spoke perfect German and he helped me to translate and I got my stuff in the bus after all.

And the best of it all…I forgot my toothbrush! So a perfect day this is. Gosh…I’m so glad when I arrive at this fucking station in Wroclaw. It’s quite boring to sit around this freaking station for 4 hours with nothing really to do (all my books are squeezed into a free corner of any of my suitcases, which I do not dare to open).to open.

Yeah…just as I am writing this as train to the city where I’m supposed to go to catch my train arrived….so gotta go!

Ok…that was too much of enthusiasm. I got the train. I arrived at Radom.

Just to find out that the train to Wroclaw goes TWICE A DAY! I am really developing a deep hate against Polish train stations and employees of the train company now. How can you give a person a connection that you will not she will miss (the lady in Warszawa got me a train which left one minute after I had the ticket in my hand!!) and that goes fucking twice a day.

So I am looking forward to another 8 hours in the middle of nowhere in Poland with to much luggage to move around the city. And then a night in the train, until I finally arrive at 6:44 the next day (meaning Thursday).

Lovely.

Just lovely.

I need a beer.

DAY 2

There was no beer. The only shop in the train station was closed already. Nevertheless I spend the 8 hours fine and did more or less useful things. It’s amazing what you can do in 8 hours at a train station. Do your nails, do your toenails, I painted my mobile phone again (all the black dots were gone), I read again my travel guide to Estonia (apparently the Estonian youth meets in he Danish Kings Garden to play guitar in the evening, aha?) and I think I have never in my life spend so much time plucking my eyebrows.

As you can see: a very successful day. And believe it or nor…in those 8 hours not a single person actually talked to me. I guess there are people that are quieter than Estonians.

In the train I met a nice guy though…a students that was going to his girlfriend’s sister’s wedding or something.

Anyway…some of you have seen my entire luggage. I hurled it all into the train somehow and then it turned out that the train was one of those with separate compartments. In general those are quite cool but there is hardly any space for luggage. So I entered one that was not full yet. I managed to put one of my bags onto those suitcase-holder-thingies on the wall, put my big suitcase in the middle of the compartment, put my small suitcase on my seat and then I sat on it with my feet on my big suitcase and my backpack on my lap. So not a very comfortable position for sleeping. The nice guy (forgot his name already) took my backpack then and after some time someone else left so I actually had some place to sit after a while. But still not much sleep.

Finally in Wroclaw I was so fucking happy to give away my luggage to this luggage place and then after an unsuccessful search for a shower(well the bathroom of McDonalds was just as fine, I guess), I went with my things to the park, had breakfast and enjoyed the morning sun until I met my friend at 13 o clock.

That was really nice.

And I was quite happy to see my friend as well. She also made an EVS for half a year in Poland, so she knew how I was feeling and didn’t ask any stupid “so…how is Estonia” questions. It was really good to talk to her as first person from home again. It’s good to have someone who knows what it’s like. Also it was nice to enjoy the hot summer day with a couple of beer in the street bars.

After an odyssey through the town we finally managed to meet my dance group. So…much more beer now.

It's strange to meet them all again at once. Some of them have change so much and some are stuck in exactly the same place as they were more than 1 year ago. Or maybe I’m still stuck in my head in my Tallinn life. We will see how it goes. During the next days.

I’m looking forward to it. I didn’t have the chance to talk to everyone yet and I am curious to get to know some of them again in a new light.

And I also got warned that I have to catch up with the rest and learn quite a few dances by tomorrow noon so I can perform with the rest by the afternoon. Aaah….

By the way…I got sunburned…AGAIN. It was so freaking ht today, about 36 degrees, it really felt like the Bahamas or something especially since the Tallinn wind is missing.

I miss you all already and it really meant a lot to me that you came to the bus station to say goodbye!

Musi, musi,

Barbara

DAY 3 + 4

Well…let me tell you one thing about my dance group. In a way the group is a lot like me. We disorganised, we don’t care so much that we are, we are always late and we like beer. A lot. And luckily beer is cheap in Poland and also come in 0,5 l glasses. So life’s good here.

So far.

We did a tour around the city today and that was quite nice. Wroclaw is a nice city.

I enjoyed that part although I was still in my morning mood for almost the whole day.

Then we danced, then we drank some beer then we perform and guess what we did after that…we drank beer.

Basically this went the whole time. One evening we had a performance in a small village of 15 ppl or something like that and about a third of them actually cam o see us and later it was said there would be disco. We expected something really really lame but as soon as they brought the Vodka bottles we knew it would be a fun evening, and it was! They gave each table 2 bottles.

So…we were drunk. Some more some less and as I tried to help one of us out of the toilet (she locked herself in, was to drunk to open and her head was hanging over the trash bin) I pretty much bruised my whole arm. I guess those toilet bowl are not always as steady as they seem.

Anyway...I was quite drunk and I even spoke some Russian with some of the villagers. Quite funny…

Well…there’s not much more to say about what we did or so on.

It’s was nice to be on trip with my group…a good way to get used to people again step by step. And to have so many people around me. I would have died I think if I had gone straight back to my small hometown.

Now I am back in my hometown since this morning. Strange feeling. I entered my old room to go to bed and it felt like going back in time.

It was not like going home but like going into the past. Everything here seems so old now and also so juvenile. It feels like the room of a 14year old.

I pretty much emptied out my wardrobe and get rid of all the clutter that has been sitting there for so long.

Right now I’m a bit bored, since no one seems to have time for me. Most of my friends are working or busy with school stuff, with their boyfriends/girlfriends or not in town, so I hope there’s still someone that finds some time for me. I really don’t feel like spending my first evening in Germany sitting in front of the TV with my parents.

How are things in Tallinn, Greece, France Italy and wherever else you are?

I miss you all a lot!!!

Musi, musi

Barbara

1 comment:

edokoita said...

Your post was very nice, I felt like travelling again:) So, enjoy that you had this time in Estonia, be proud and make everybody jealous:) See you around Barbara, messenger is a great invention.
Gigi