Monday 5 May 2008

Back from trip to my memories....and new things :D

Tere and zdravo to everybody!

So, I am back from my trip around Europe :D I just came back yesterday to Patra and after a 13 hours long sleep (yes, it turned out that I needed it:) I m now sitting in front of my laptop ready to give you my report :D So...

I got a plane from Athens to Berlin on Friday 25th and I arrived there at midnight. I went straigth to meet Laura at the club she was having her unofficial birthday party. So nice!! I met her there and it was so normal, so like it didnt pass almost a year since I had last seen her... I met her friends, boyfriend, flatmates and I was so happy to see the normal life of one of us :D




On Saturday, Laura s mother and other relatives and friends came to her flat for a birthday brunch :) So, I had some good food before I go back to the airport and take plane to Tallinn this time.

I arrived to Tallinn at 19 00 on Saturday. Lena was there to pick me up and we went at her place. Her flat is very nice!!!! It s in a nice wooden house, in a nice quite neighborhood about 20 minutes walking from center :D I am so happy and jealous about that:)



After leaving my stuff and having some rest we had dinner at pepersack :D. Not volunteers anymore, we could afford :D Truth is that we had food for good price, probably olde hansa is doing very good and pepersack had to cut down on prices:D

On Sunday morning we went with Lena to the Ukrainian Greek- catholic church (yes, there was a sing like this :D) where we attended the Easter service. They had nice dancing and singing in traditional ukrainian way and it was very nice to see. In the evening we went at St Patricks (happy day so you pay one you take two beers :D).


On Monday morning I went to Estyes office and met Kaarina :D Just after office, I visited our flat, Mahtra 23/72. Next picture shows how mustakivi looks like now with the new building that was being built when we were there.



I rung the 72 bell and I took the lift to the 9th floor... Monica, a volunteer from Poland that is working in my project was waiting for me there. I ve went around the flat. It is very different, painted, really clean and tidy, they really manage to keep it like a normal flat. But I didnt feel bad, I was happy to meet most of the people living there, volunteers from France, FYROM, Poland, Finland, Bolivia, Germany and to see how our home is their home now but I was not feeling a stranger or an outsider....

Below (from left to right), Valentina from Italy that works in Viljandi, Silvie from Bolivia and Monica from Poland.




Just after the flat I visited my project where I had a full day of working there with my children :D I was so happy to see that they remember me and new children liked me :)



For the evening, I got back to Mahtra 23/72 flat and spent some more time with Monica and other volunteers :)

Tuesday was shopping day in the morning :) Vana tallinn and some russian books are what I bought but I also visited russian market and one second hand shop just to browse. In the evening I ve met my mentor Tanja and later we had dinner with Lena, Felice from Germany and Marta from Spain in Hell Hunt. Guess what I had for dinner.... pasta with salmon :D



After Hell Hunt we had some beer in Juuksur which looks very funny with this glass room for smoking :D

Wednesday I took a plane to Wien and then train to Ljubljana. I arrived at Ljubljana at about six p.m. put my stuff in the gym where we were living had some dinner and then party. So, actually my days in Ljuabljana were like this : Conference room till lunch, walking in the city and having beer till evening and then party in the night:D Have a look in the pictures!


from the conference room



from the city


from the gym where we were sleeping :)


from a party, a bit drunk :)


from another party :D

So, this was my trip, or at least these are things about my trip that I can share... Many memories, feelings, thoughts are unfortunately just for me, it s not possible to make words or pictures of them and share so I recommend you all to go back to Estonia soon :D

Filia, Gi

4 comments:

Miss Lee said...

you should write a book!!!
=)

subcomandante christian said...

vaffanculo stronzo....we are jealous.....yes yes we said "WE".....christian and kelig. we are in ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a post will come soon!!!!!!!!

Hasta siempre!
CHRI-KE

Anonymous said...

Hey,
i'm not jelous because i was in estonia too...
And i will post my picture quite soon, i hope this evening.
See you soon
Bisous
Audé!

Akka said...

Hi! So funny to read that. I feel great nostalgia now. because I was among the first volunteers who were living in Mahtra flat)