Sunday 30 September 2007

An Estonian Weekend in Berlin..

.. Hej guys!
I'm alive and I'd love to be able to say I'm fine, but this weekend is killing me..
Some of you remember my friend Marie, I guess.. she left on friday. Went to England and is going to stay there for three months, selling posters at different universities. The fact that she'll be travelling around all the time and doesn't really know where she'll be makes it difficult for me to visit her, because i'd have to do it pretty spontaneously but that's always quite expensive.. So, she was the first one to leave. The next is my friend Laura, who is going to Heidelberg down in Southern Germany to study.. it's about 8 hours by train from here, so I won't be seeing a lot of her for the next couple of years, I am afraid. And on monday one of my friends is going to Hungary to do her EVS there (though I'm proud to say I 'inspired' her to become an EVS-volunteer, it's not easy for me to be happy for her). Last (but Really not least) one of my friends is leaving to do his military service on monday as well..
So you see, it's a weekend full of good-byes and I'm just not used to this. It's so fucking much harder to stay behind than to go, I never realized since the only one i've ever had to see go away was Lili, and you've met her, it's different with her. She has to go. She's in Scotland in a buddhist monastery by the way and on Ocotber 19th she'll become a nun for a year.. no sex, no alcohol, no drugs, no singing (!!!!!!!!), no dancing.. But as i said, it's Lili we're talking about.. ;)

So this is all bringing my mood down to a horribly low level, but at least uni starts in 8 days for me, which I really hope will take my mind off these things.
I'm looking forward to uni A LOT, since i feel 90% of my brain-cells have died since I last went to school (it's been one and a half years full of alcohol and other shit..) and it's time to feel like i'm doing something purposeful ;)

So guys, have fun in Lyon, i didn't know you were all going, sounds brilliant!
Oh, and I'm going to France for like a week around Easter next year.. though I'm not sure where yet, I think they said somewhere close to Paris, so that's a bit shitty, but I'll keep the French people around here informed ;)

I love you guys.. and I loved the wall. Can anybody tell me what happened??
Miss you all.. especially this weekend!

musi, kalli, kalli, musi!

Laura

2 comments:

subcomandante christian said...

stay cool laura and good luck with university!!!!!

ps: there is a misunderstanding....actually l m just going somedays to lyon and ke's town and maybe aude will join me while l will be in lyon.

Miss Lee said...

now you understand better how it feels to be left behind?? it sucks! but what doesnt kill you makes you stronger! hang on!!