Friday 9 January 2009

it's snowing in Portugal... a lot!

this picture was taken by a portuguese person , in the portuguese city of Melgaço, today!


Tere tere

Today I saw snow falling from the skies into my face! it's true!! It has snowed a bit in the very North of Portugal, close to Spain. Before Xmas some villages were surrended by snow, temperatures fall to -6 in some cities and it was all over the news... nothing special if you ask me!
But today Porto woke up under the snow. Almost every city in the coast line had a bit of snow. Some cities had a lot!! It's quite normal to snow in Portugal, in the mountains or in the interior of the country. But it almost never snow close to the ocean. In my city the last time it snowed was when i was 11, in '94! So, 14 years later it snowed again!! Just a bit, for less than an hour. Nothing is white, everything is wet! Temperatures in my city are around 0 degrees during the day. I do not remember such a cold winter as this one...
and of course, all of this, in the news, makes me think of Estonia. Specially about that wonderfull day that we went sledging to Kumu!! Makes me remember the snow fight we had in fron of Baltijam, when coming from a dinner at Kelig's place! oh sweet memories!!

so, what's up for your New Year?? i challenge you guys to post here your New Year resoluntions! I guess everyone has the same saying in every country: "New Year, New Life"... at least in Portugal we do have. So, if you ket me know what you are up to this 2009 I will tell you my resolutions. I bet you will be proud of me!! =)

No comments: